Ankündigung/ announcement

• Servus,

Die Kampagne orientiert sich am Roman "First Clash" von Kenneth Macksey.

Dies ist ein Aussschnitt eines Beitrages von 12Alfa.
    Er ist Ersteller und Koordinator der Kampagne, sozusagen Leitung und Durchführung in einer Person.

The campaign is focused at the Battle Group/Combat Team level, following the activity from the assembly area to performing a withdrawal under pressure.

Deployment of 3 Royal Canadian Regiment (3RCR) Battlegroup as part of a 4 Canadian Mech Brigades defensive battle plan and the attack against them by 290 Motor Rifle Regiment and 301 Tank Regiment.

The Battle Group comprises 3 Mechanised Companies, Anti Tank Platoon, Recce Platoon, Mortar Platoon, a Tank Squadron, a Battery of Guns and an Air Defence section of Javalin.

In addition support from the brigades Helicopter Squadron and the use of Engineers to create an obstacle plan. The Campain considers the preparation for and deployment to the defended locations, the sequence of the battle preparation and the detail of the occupation of the defence, then the actions against the two Soviet units which includes their engagement of 3RCR's covering force elements followed by the main action and the sequence of arrival by the Soviets onto the RCR positions. It closes with the 4 Canadian Mech Brigade withdrawing covered by the Royal Canadian Dragoons (RCD) Squadron Group comprising 2 Troops of armour and a mechanised platoon from the Royal 22e Regiment (R22R) together with two sections of anti armour weapons and support from the RCD Recce platoon in Lynx supported by the Brigades Artillery Regiment and unit mortars.

Gelände/ Karte:

Gliederung BLAU:

Gliederung ROT:

MkG

Duke

"A mans`s got to do, what a man`s got to do" John Wayne

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Duke ()

• Servus,

so der CO Red hat gewechselt, nachdem die SVU das Handtuch geworfen hat.
    Neuer CO Red ist dta delta.

MkG

Duke

Tante Edit:
    @Gladiator und MR_Burns2:
    Nehmt mal Verbindung mit Falli auf, wegen neuer Serverrechte. Ich bin ab nächste Woche im Urlaub und kann, falls am 07.12.2013 etwas stattfinden soll, nicht den Horst machen.
    Ich werde 12Alfa schreiben, dass er sich an MR-Burns2 wenden soll.

• Servus,

so die Kampagne ist beendet.

12Alfa:
    "First Clash is done.

Thanks to all who played. I saw some great team play.

First I would like to say what First Clash was meant to be. A realistic as possible portrait of the 24 hours the 4CMBG's action against the Soviets Guards as in the book, using the AFV's and options in SB Pro PE, and players for the community over a span of weeks totaling 12 missions, divided into a Recon and then Combat mission, with POSTED rules.

The following is how I saw what happen, how players seen it varies:

1-The rules were posted, and I admit were changed to suit the play, this said they were discussed, agreed by all CO's and myself before next mission.

2-Comments that the Red side TO&E was not fair was common even though it was post on two sites. I even posted pictures and sent excel sheet.

3- Red side was unable to fight with greater resources against the Leopard1, and TOW equipped M113's.

4-Red side inability to deal with minefields buried, the changed (by both CO's) to unburied, still not good enough.

5- Red side unable to fight facing the sun.

6- Red side unable to fight in low light conditions, when Blue had the same problem.

6- Buffer zone was created to keep both sides on a FLOE was not the 1km, but 800m(aprox) was unacceptable.

7- The 20/40 AFV rules (including three batteries of arty) was a issue for red.

8- Language from Red side was just unacceptable when they did not get there way, both myself and Brun were subject to it in our co-orgs, disappointing .

9- Certain terrain features were a issue from Red, even though Blue had the same terrain to move on.

10- Red had the advantage to pick their entry grids (as per the rules that they did not read), and still had issues with the Leopard1 fire control system that they deemed far superior, instead of choosing terrain that would null the perceived greater Leopard advantage.

11- Red side was unable to send deliverable's ( units/entry grids etc) to CM on time, causing last minute changes, that led to mission issues.

12-Red had issues with minefields, steel beams, etc on map, but outside of play.

13- Red has issues with 50cal killing BTR's.

14- Red had issues with 105's when they had 125mm guns.

15- Thinking that just throwing a greater number of tanks against a player with a proper, well thought out plan will work.

16- Players that have one type of play (VU,single etc), will not do well in a realistic type of play under realistic conditions.

17- Red had issues when the sun lit up the side facing it, and darken the other side of the AFV's.

18- Red had issues with their AI not engaging, when Blue had the same AI.

Just a few, there were many more, some boarding on the ridiculous, I won't bore you.

Over all I enjoyed the training value of campaign development,many lessons learned, but foremost the ability of members to lead and carry out a mission in realistic conditions, sadly there are those who have issues with many real life conditions that they would face if they start to wear a uniform, that being said it's just a sim after all.

When picking the CO's I had players step up, I thank you for your nominations. Having to make the decision on the CO's was my biggest challenge. I was as given advice by V and and other senior players, but I decide to give a few people the chance, so the player I wanted, I held back, for that I am truly sorry, it won't happen again.

The ability to lead is something we all aspire to, many see doing this on a "fair" type of play (TGIF etc) is the making of a good leader, I think not.

For myself, I see a good leader is a person who can take the disadvantage and run with it, when his teammates are not so sure. A leader should have the ability to see the greater picture as well, not the small details, he can hand them off to others, and the check back later to see if it works in the "Big Picture".

I saw such a person in 4CMBG, when I heard such comments like- I have the same conditions, I have less forces, I too have to deal with no map updates, and so on. Not once did I hear those comments from the red side, rather, they saw them as "Their" disadvantage only. This was, as Campaign manager frustrating, but mostly disappointing, for it was I who assigned them Red CO.

I should say here that 4CMBG had issues as well, how ever rather than disagreeing, using fowl language, saying everything is F(&(&'ed up, suggested fixes and compromises, I believe this is how our community should work ( maybe I'm a dreamer).

If I were to pick a winner, I would have to give 4CMBG a thumbs up. They after all the issues, changes, fighting conditions, and compromises they gave, were still willing to fight thous 300+ T-72's

My final comment will be a question I will ask myself for a long time. Why would anyone volunteer for the red side knowing the rules ( and could be modified in a co-org) play and them have issues with said rules, that my friends has me baffled.

Again thanks for all (yes even the Red side) for playing First Clash. I'll try again when I see another group of players who can read rules, understand said rules, and move from east to west with the sun in their eyes. jk"

Danke an Mr_Burns, Gladiator, Rico und Ronin.

MkG

Duke