LNdP Mission 1

• Rahmenlage/General situation

Die Invasion des Irak (19.03. - 01.05.2003) oder "Operation Iraqi Freedom OIF" war der Auftakt des Dritten Irak-Krieges, in dessen Rahmen Koalitionstruppen aus den USA,
    GB, AUS und PL in den Irak einmarschierten und das Regime Saddam Husseins binnen 21 Tagen stürzten. Die Invasions-Phase war durch eine konventionelle Kriegsführung
    gekennzeichnet und wurde mit der Eroberung der irakischen Hauptstadt BAGDAD beendet.

Die 1. Marineinfanterie Division kämpfte sich zunächst durch die Rumaila Ölfelder und schwenkte danach nach Norden auf die Stadt NASIRIYAH ein - eine mittelgroße,
    von Schiiten kontrollierte Stadt mit großer strategischer Bedeutung als Verkehrsknotenpunkt und aufgrund ihrer Nähe zum TALIL Flughafen. Außerdem lag sie an einigen
    wichtigen EUPHRAT-Brücken. Die Stadt wurde u.a. von einem Mix aus regulären irakischen Militäreinheiten, Anhängern der Baath-Partei und Fedajin-Kämpfern verteidigt.

Das RCT-1 des US Marine Corps hat sich durchgekämpft und am 25.03.2003 die Stadt NASIRIYAH eingenommen. Es ist nun an der Zeit, entlang des EUPHRAT weiter in
    Richtung BAGDAD vorzurücken.

The 2003 Invasion of Iraq (19 March – 1 May 2003), was the start of the conflict known as the 3rd Iraq War, or Operation Iraqi Freedom, in which a combined force of troops from
    the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and Poland invaded Iraq and toppled the regime of Saddam Hussein in 21 days of major combat operations. The invasion
    phase consisted of a conventionally fought war which concluded with the capture of the Iraq capital BAGHDAD by United States forces.

Initially, the U.S. 1st Marine Division fought through the Rumaila oil fields, and moved north to NASIRIYAH — a moderate-sized, Shi'ite dominated city with important strategic
    significance as a major road junction and its proximity to nearby TALIL Airfield. It was also situated near a number of strategically important bridges over the EUPHRATES River.
    The city was defended by a mix of regular Iraqi army units, Ba'ath loyalists, and Fedayeen from both Iraq and abroad.

USMC RCT-1 (Regimental Combat Team) fought its way through and recently took the city NASIRIYAH on 03/25/2003. It´s the time to proceed further on along the river
    EUPHRATES to BAGHDAD.

*************************************************************************************************************

Regimental orders for the RCT-1 attack to SAMAWAH
    on 260600Zmar03

1. Lage/Situation
    a) Feind/Enemy:
    Nach schweren Verlusten um NASIRIYAH ist Feind hastig mit verbliebenen Teilen der 2. (mot.) Infanterie-Brigade und einigen Widerstandskämpfern weiträumig ausgewichen und
    hat sich wahrscheinlich zur Verteidigung in der Umgebung von SAMAWAH eingerichtet. Westlich davon gelegen ist eine Kaserne der irakischen Armee, die ursprünglich ein
    mech. Btl. sowie eine Luftabwehr/SAM-Bat. beherbergt hat. Inwieweit diese Einheiten vor Ort sind bzw. sie in den Kampf eingreifen könnten, ist derzeit nicht bekannt.
    Der Gegner verfügt über leichte Artillerie, hat aber in diesem Gebiet bereits jegliche Möglichkeit für eigene Luftoperationen eingebüsst.

According to heavy losses, enemy hastily withdrawed with remaining parts of 2nd (mot.) Infantry Brigade and some Fedayeen and most likely prepared a new defense line in the area
    of SAMAWAH. To the west of the city is an Iraqi Army´s camp which normally accomodated a mech. btn and a AAA/SAM-battery. It´s actually unknown if these units are located
    in this area, respectively if they participate in defensive operations.
    Enemy has a small amount of light artillery but already lost any capability for own air-operations.

b) Eigene Lage/ Own Sitiuation:
    RCT-1 steht mit Spitzen mittlerweile ca. 30km nördlich von NASIRIYAH, stellt sich darauf ein, ohne linken und rechten Nachbarn weiter entschlossen entlang des Flusses
    EUPHRAT Richtung Nord anzutreten und durch diese Operation die Stadt SAMAWAH und die Saeed al-Sahhaf Kaserne einzunehmen. Für die Erfüllung des Auftrages wurde
    das Btl durch Panzerkräfte verstärkt.

In the meantime RCT-1 has arrived positions app. 20 clicks north of NASIRIYAH and prepares to attack in northern direction along the river EUPHRATES without any neighbour.
    The objective is to take the city of SAMAWAH and the army camp Saeed al-Sahhaf. For the execution, btn was reinforced with armoured support.

2. Einzelaufträge/Tasks:

1st Btn
    - Folgen Sie 2d Btn im Abstand ca. 10km
    Follow 2d Btn in around 10 clicks distance
    - Übernehmen Sie Stellungen des 2d Btn um SAMAWAH
    Assume positions from 2d Btn around SAMAWAH
    - Richten Sie sich zur Verteidigung in allgemein nördlicher Richtung ein
    Take positions in order to defend in general northern direction

2d Btn
    - Nehmen Sie OBJ LION und sichern Sie die Brücken entlang der Autobahn 2
    Take OBJ Lion and secure EUPHRATES bridges along Highway 2
    - Angriff auf die Stadt SAMAWAH (OBJ TIGER), zerschlagen Sie jeglichen Widerstand in der Stadt
    Attack the town SAMAWAH (OBJ TIGER), destroy any enemy resistance within the town
    - Greifen Sie parallel dazu die Kaserne SAEED AL-SAHHAF (OBJ ELEPHANT) an und vernichten Sie u.U. verbliebene Einheiten der irakischen Armee
    Execute a synchronized attack towards Camp SAEED AL-SAHHAF (OBJ ELEPHANT) and destroy remaining Iraqi Army units
    - Sichern Sie SAMAWAH gegen mögliche feindliche Gegenangriffe
    Secure SAMAWAH and get ready for any counterattack towards the city
    - Stellen Sie sich darauf ein, die Brücke zwischen SAMAWAH und RUMAYTHAH aufzuklären und - wenn möglich - für weiteren Vormarsch zu sichern
    Be prepared to recon EUPHRATES bridge along Highway 2 between SAMAWAH and RUMAYTHAH, try to secure it for upcoming assault

3d Btn
    - Folgen Sie 1st Btn im Abstand ca. 5-10km als Regimentsreserve
    Follow 1st Btn in around 5-10 clicks distance as regimental reserves

3. Durchführung/Execution:

- Mein Absicht ist es, mit 3 Btn tief gegliedert entlang des EUPHRAT Flusses weiter in Richtung N anzutreten. Die Spitze übernimmt das 2d Btn, greift SAMAWAH an, vernichtet
    ausgewichenen Feind, bricht Widerstand in der Stadt und stabilisiert die Lage. 1st Btn folgt im Abstand von 15km, 3d Btn derzeit Reserve.
    Wenn SAMAWAH und Kasernengelände gesichert, Einrichten zur zeitlich begrenzten Verteidigung, Ansetzen Aufklärung, allg. Versorgung einleiten und 1st/3d Btn folgt.
    1st Btn wird Ihre Stellungen übernehmen. Stellen Sie sich darauf ein, nach eigener Versorgung und Eintreffen 1st Btn weiter in Richtung NO dem Regiment voraus anzutreten.

My Intention is to attack northwards with 3 btns along the river EUPHRATES in a deep arrangement. 2d Btn will lead the way, will attack the city of SAMAWAH, eliminate
    withdrawed enemy forces, destroy resistance within the city and will stabilize situation. In about 15 clicks 1st Btn will follow, 3d Btn is actually regimental reserves.
    When SAMAWAH and army camp are secured, 2d Btn will set up timely limited defense, will set up reconnaissance, begin with general support operations and 1st/3d Btn will
    follow. 1st Btn will then assume 2d Btn´s positions. Be prepared to continue the assault in northeastern direction as leading element after support/maintanance and arrival of 1st Btn.

4. Einsatzunterstützung/Service Support
    - 2x3 Rohre Feldhaubitze 155mm (HE, Nebel, Bomblet)
    2x3 tubes field howitzer 155mm (HE, Illumination, FASCAM)
    - Versorgungsmaßnahmen sind abgeschlossen
    Support/maintanance is done
    - Versorgungspunkte, Abschub von Schadgerät, Verwundetentransport und Verwundetennester in eigener Verantwortung
    Distribution points, technical or medical services according to own responsibility

5. Führungsunterstützung/Command & Signal
    - Zeichen für eigene Teile: Fliegersichttuch ROT am Turmheck
    - Frequenzen gem. /frequencies acc. to BesAnFE xyz
    - Parole/password: GOOFY - CIGARETTE
    - Rufnamen/Callsigns:
    - RCT-1 HQ: BURRITO
    - Btn HQ: GODFATHER
    - A Coy: ANVIL
    - B Coy: BLITZ
    - C Coy: COWBOY

- Fragen/questions ???
    - Uhrzeitvergleich/time comparison

Regimental HQ at 1st Btn, I´m at 1st Btn

"Religion (und so manch andere Weltanschauung) ist Wahnsinn im Kleide der Rationalität, Satire und Komik Rationalität im Kleide des Wahnsinns." Tim Wolff 2015

Aufstehen, Krone liegen lassen, Haare zerzausen und Eskalieren gehen!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Falli(911) ()

• Orders Cdr 2nd btn US MarineCorps RCT-1:

1.situation
    [INDENT]a)enemy:
    According to heavy losses, enemy hastily withdrawed with remaining parts of 2nd (mot.) Infantry Brigade and some Fedayeen and most likely prepared a new defense line in the area
    of SAMAWAH. To the west of the city is an Iraqi Army´s camp which normally accomodated a mech. btn and a AAA/SAM-battery. It´s actually unknown if these units are located in this area, respectively if they participate in defensive operations.
    Enemy has a small amount of light artillery but already lost any capability for own air-operations.
    b)own:
    In the meantime RCT-1 has arrived positions app. 20 clicks north of NASIRIYAH and prepares to attack in northern direction along the river EUPHRATES without any neighbour.
    The objective is to take the city of SAMAWAH and the army camp Saeed al-Sahhaf. For the execution, btn was reinforced with armoured support.
    1st Btn 10km behind us, 3rd Btn 5km behind 1st Btn[/INDENT]

2.orders[INDENT]1. Take OBJ Lion and secure EUPHRATES bridges along Highway 2
    2. Attack the town SAMAWAH (OBJ TIGER), destroy any enemy resistance within the town
    3. Execute a synchronized attack towards Camp SAEED AL-SAHHAF (OBJ ELEPHANT) and destroy remaining Iraqi Army units
    4. Secure SAMAWAH and get ready for any counterattack towards the city
    5. Be prepared to recon EUPHRATES bridge along Highway 2 between SAMAWAH and RUMAYTHAH, try to secure it for upcoming assault[/INDENT]
    [INDENT]a)intention
    My intention is to attack in column formation till PL2 under observing right and left flank by btn recon elements.
    To attack Obj TIGER with 3 coys in line formation, point of main effort along HW2.
    After Obj TIGER is taken, to attack with 1 Inf-coy to Obj ELEPHANT.
    To secure EUPHRAT bridge between Obj TIGER and RUMAYTHAH with recon elements.
    [/INDENT]

3.execution
    Btn HQ:[INDENT]2IC:
    - callsign: Godfather 2
    - leader of support and supply elements
    - prepare to support and supply all the time
    - follow B-coy and establish SA1 (supply area1) in Obj LION
    - on my order march to PL1 HW2 with 1ARV, 1 MEDIC
    - on my order march along HW 2 to Obj TIGER and establish SA2 with all units
    - radio channel: Btn, btnHQ

Btn FO:
    - callsign: FALLOUT
    - follow Cdr 2nd Btn
    - fire HE 1 mission to destroy radar station
    - fire smoke1 mission to blend enemy units in Obj TIGER
    - mark every own fire mission in the map
    - priority: Infantry in buildings, PALR Trp’s, AAA/SAM units
    - radio channel: Btn, BtnHQ

Btn Recon:
    - split in two sections
    - Section1: callsign RAPTOR1 (1 ASLAV, 1 HMMWV)
    - Section2: callsign RAPTOR2 (1 ASLAV, 1 HMMWV)
    - radio channel: Btn, BtnHQ

RAPTOR 1:
    - recon to Obj LION immediately
    - if there is no enemy contact secure the bridges, wait for C-coy
    - if there is enemy, hold contact wait for C-Coy and support C-coy
    - after Obj Lion is taken and secured by C-coy move on road 23 to the west and overwatch left
    flank of 2nd Btn
    - recon to RA1 (recon area 1)
    - on my order recon to RA2
    - on my order recon to RA3
    - in RA3 overwatch road 27 to west
    - don’t fire only self defence
    - if enemy is spotted, report and hold contact
    - if enemy pressure to strong, fall back last hide position

RAPTOR 2:

- start recon to overwatch right flank of 2nd Btn
    - start recon immediately to PL2
    - overwatch road to GAMMAS (point of main effort), to the North and bridge 1
    - adapt to support C-coy
    - adapt to take RA4 and to establish bridgehead
    - don’t fire only self defence
    - if enemy is spotted, report and hold contact
    - if enemy pressure to strong, fall back last hide position

C-coy:
    - callsign: COWBOY
    - follow RAPTOR1 along HW 2 to Obj LION in column formation
    - adapt to attack and take OBj LION
    - secure Obj LION
    - on my order move to the right of PL1 right of B-coy
    - prepare to attack in line formation with B-coy to Obj TIGER
    - on my order attack Obj TIGER with Infantry in front to PL2
    - secure bridge1
    - on my order attack to PL3 with Infantry in front
    - secure bridge 2 and establish bridgehead with 1 Infantry plt
    - on my order attack to PL4 (west and east of the river)
    - secure bridge 3
    - on my order attack north-east of Obj TIGER
    - secure bridge 4 and prepare to defend the area
    - take bp (battle position) to overwatch north-east, east and south-east
    - resupply company
    - weapon free, fire at will
    - radio channel: Btn

A-coy:
    - callsign: ANVIL
    - detachment: 1 Section M1’s to B-coy
    - attachment: 2x M966 HMMWV’s from B-coy
    - follow C-coy distance 500 to Obj LION in column formation
    - prepare to support RAPTOR1 and C-coy
    - Attack to PL1 and take bp to overwatch southern (point of main effort) and western part of
    Obj TIGER
    - Adapt to support RAPTOR1
    - Hold back 1 Section of M1’s on PL1/HW2 as reserve to support B and C-coy in her attack
    - On my order attack to PL2
    - Hold back 1 section of M1’s in the area right of OIL TERMINAL as reserve
    - Try to stay in one line with B-coy
    - Adapt to support B-coy during attack of western part of the town
    - Try to stay in one line with B-coy
    - On my order attack to PL3 and 4
    - Take bp to overwatch OBJ ELEPHANT and block the main entrance
    - Prepare to attack and take RA4
    - On my order attack and establish bridgehead in RA4
    - Resupply company
    - radio channel: Btn

B-coy:
    - callsign: BLITZ
    - detachment: 2x M966 HMMWV’s to A-coy
    - attachments: 1 Section of M1’s
    - follow A-coy in distance 500 to Obj Lion in column formation
    - after Obj Lion attack in line formation to PL1 and prepare to attack PL2
    - secure Oil Terminal
    - point of main effort for B-coy is HW 2
    - on my order attack with Infantry in front to PL2 (point of main effort btn)
    - try to stay in 1 line with C-coy
    - On my order attack to PL3
    - Secure FREIGHT TERMINAL
    - On my order attack to PL4
    - On my order attack and secure MARKET, MOSQUE and RAILWAY STATION
    - Take bp in the northern part of town to overwatch along HW2
    - Prepare to attack Obj ELEPHANT with 1 Infantry plt and M1’s
    - On my order attack Obj ELEPHANT
    - Resupply
    - radio channel: Btn [/INDENT]

4.support, attachments, detachments[INDENT]a)artillery:
    - 2x3 tubes field howitzer 155mm (HE, Illumination, FASCAM)
    - all fire requests direct to Btn FO
    b)supply:
    - Support/maintanance is done
    - ARV, Medic and Ammo requests direct to 2IC
    c)combat support:
    - bridgelayer or MICLIC request to Cdr 2nd Btn
    d) attachments, detachments:
    - look to coy orders[/INDENT]

5.Command & Signal

- password: GOOFY - CIGARETTE
    - Callsigns:
    - RCT-1 HQ: BURRITO
    - Cdr 2nd Btn: GODFATHER
    - 2IC 2nd Btn: GODFATHER 2
    - Btn FO: FALLOUT
    - RECON: RAPTOR 1 and RAPTOR 2
    - A Coy: ANVIL
    - B Coy: BLITZ
    - C Coy: COWBOY

-questions ???

I will follow c-coy along HW 2 till PL1.