LNdP Mission 3

• Regimental orders for the RCT-1 defense of AL-MADSCHID Airbase
    on 271100Zmar03

1. Lage/Situation
    a) Feind/Enemy:
    Der Feind konnte um die AL-MADSCHID Airbase vernichtend geschlagen werden. Allerdings haben sich Berichte bestätigt, dass Einheiten der 2. Panzerdivision
    der republikanischen Garde in diesem Gebiet operieren. Der Aufklärung zufolge hat mindestens ein gemischtes Panzerregiment die Gegend um NAJAF erreicht.
    Es wird befürchtet, dass diese Einheit einen Gegenangriff auf den Flugplatz oder auf das verminderte 1st Btn bei SAMAWAH durchführen könnte. Die Absicht
    des Feindes ist es vermutlich den Flughafen - Highway 10 zurück zu gewinnen, respektive den Raum N - NW des EUPHRAT zu besetzen.
    Verstärkte gegnerische Aufklärungstätigkeit um den SAWA LAKE lässt prinzipiell Letzteres wahrscheinlicher erscheinen.

The enemy could be defeated at the AL-MADSCHID Airbase. However, reports seem to be true that units of the 2nd Republican Guards Tank Division operate in
    this area now. According to recon at least one mixed armoured regiment has arrived near NAJAF. It´s possible that these units could execute a counterattack
    to the airfield or the reduced 1st Btn at SAMAWAH. Enemy´s intention is likely winning back the airbase and Highway 10, respectively occupying the area
    N - NW of EUPHRATES River. Increased hostile recon activity around SAWA LAKE could lead to the presumption that the last option is more probable.

b) Eigene Lage/ Own Sitiuation:
    2d Btn hat den Flughafen erfolgreich eingenommen, Luftlandung von DAGGER wurde durchgeführt. Nach erfolgter Versorgung, geht 2d Btn eilig in zeitlich
    begrenzte Verteidigung über und stellt sich auf mögliche eigene Angriffe in Richtung W ein.
    1st Btn hält Stellungen südlich des EUPRHAT und stand mit gegnerischen Aufklärungsteilen bei SAWA LAKE im Feuerkampf, E Coy nördlich des 2d Btn in Verteidigungs-
    position. 3d Btn befindet sich südlich des 2d Btn als Reserve bzw. übernimmt Stellungen bei einem Angriff von 2d Btn.
    Eigene Artillerie- und Unterstützungseinheiten derzeit in ca. 15km Entfernung bei der Verlegung Richtung N.

The attack to the airbase by 2d Btn was very successfull and the airborne operation was executed by DAGGER. After resupplying 2d Btn will change over to time limited
    defense and will prepare for further assault in western direction.
    1st Btn is actually holding positions at SAMAWAH and south of EUPHRATES river and already had contact to hostile recon units at SAWA LAKE, E Coy "DAGGER" is
    located north of 2d Btn in defensive positions. 3d Btn is south of 2d Btn as regimental reserve and will take 2d Btn´s positions after a possible attack in
    western direction.
    Own artillery and support units are actually 15 clicks away on the march in northern direction.

2. Einzelaufträge/Tasks:
    1st Btn
    - Halten Sie Stellungen bei SAMAWAH
    Hold positions at SAMAWAH
    - Richten Sie sich zur Veteidigung ein
    Prepare to defend positions at SAMAWAH
    - E Kp. sichert weiterhin Flughafen AL-MADSCHID nach N - NO
    E Coy still secures AL-MADSCHID in N - NE direction

2d Btn
    - Richten Sie sich zur eilig bezogenen zeitlich begrenzten Verteidigung im Bereich AL_MADSCHIF Airbase und QUALAT SUKAR ein
    Prepare to change over to time limited hasty defense in the area of Airbase and QUALAT SUKAR
    - Sichern Sie den Flugplatz, Highway 10 in Richtung N sowie die Ortschaft QUALAT SUKAR samt der EUPHRAT Brücken
    Secure the airbase, Highway 10 in northern direction and QUALAT SUKAR including the EUPRATES bridges
    - Stellen Sie sich darauf ein, E Coy nördlich Ihrer Position bei Bedarf schnellstmöglich zu unterstützen
    Be prepared to support E Coy north of your positions most quickly if nessesary
    - Stellen Sie sich darauf ein, Angriff ROADRUNNER oder COYOTE auf meinen Befehl hin auszuführen
    Be prepared to execute assault ROADRUNNER or COYOTE on my orders

3d Btn
    - Stellen Sie sich darauf ein, Stellungen von 2d Btn zu übernehmen
    Be prepared to take positions from 2d Btn

3. Durchführung/Execution:
    - Meine Absicht ist es, sich vorerst auf gegnerische Offensivaktionen aus N - NW Richtung einzustellen und Verteidigung der befreiten
    Gebiete einzuleiten. Hierbei hält 1st Btn weiterhin Stellungen südlich des EUPHRAT, unterbindet weiterhin gegnerische Aufklärungstätigkeit
    und stellt sich auf möglichen gegnerischen Angriff im nördlichen Sektor ein.
    2d Btn richtet sich zur Verteidigung um die Airbase ein, hält derzeitige Positionen. 2d Btn stellt sich darauf ein, weiter in Richtung W - NW
    anzugreifen, 1st Btn bei gegnerischem Angriff zu unterstützen oder 1st Btn durch eigene Flankenstösse ROADRUNNER oder COYOTE zu entlasten.
    3d Btn hält als Reserve derzeitige Stellungen, stellt sich darauf ein, Positionen und Sicherung der Airbase von 2d Btn zu übernehmen, falls dies
    Angriff in Richtung W vortragen sollte.

My intention is to prepare the regiment for enemy offensive operations from N - NW direction and for the defense of liberated areas.
    Therefore, 1st Btn will hold positions south of EUPHRATES river, suppress upcoming enemy recon activities and prepare for a possible enemy
    assault from northern direction.
    2d Btn will prepare hasty defense around the airbase, hold actual positions. 2d Btn will be prepared to attack in western/northwestern direction,
    to support 1st Btn in case of an enemy attack or to releive 1st Btn by own flanking attacks ROADRUNNER or COYOTE,
    3d Btn will hold actual positions as reg. reserve and will be prepared to take over positions and covering of the airbase from 2d Btn if it attacks
    to the west.

4. Einsatzunterstützung/Service Support

- keine Artillerieunterstützung/no artillery support
    - Versorgungsmaßnahmen sind weitgehend abgeschlossen
    Support/maintanance is mainly done
    - Versorgungspunkte, Abschub von Schadgerät, Verwundetentransport und Verwundetennester in eigener Verantwortung
    Distribution points, technical or medical services according to own responsibility

5. Führungsunterstützung/Command & Signal
    - Zeichen für eigene Teile: Fliegersichttuch ROT am Turmheck
    - Frequenzen gem. /frequencies acc. to BesAnFE xyz
    - Parole/password: GOOFY - CIGARETTE
    - Rufnamen/Callsigns:
    - RCT-1 HQ: BURRITO
    - 1st Btn HQ: ASSASSIN
    - 2d Btn HQ: GODFATHER
    - A Coy: ANVIL
    - C Coy: COWBOY
    - E Coy/1st Btn: DAGGER

- Fragen/questions ???
    - Uhrzeitvergleich/time comparison

Regimental HQ at 3d Btn, I´m at 3d Btn and will follow 2d Btn when attacking

"Religion (und so manch andere Weltanschauung) ist Wahnsinn im Kleide der Rationalität, Satire und Komik Rationalität im Kleide des Wahnsinns." Tim Wolff 2015

Aufstehen, Krone liegen lassen, Haare zerzausen und Eskalieren gehen!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Falli(911) ()

• Orders Cdr 2nd Btn RCT-1 to defend AL-MADSCHID Airbase

1.Situation
    [INDENT]a)Enemy:
    The enemy could be defeated at the AL-MADSCHID Airbase. However, reports seem to be true that units of the 2nd Republican Guards Tank Division operate in this area now. According to recon at least one mixed armoured regiment has arrived near NAJAF. It´s possible that these units could execute a counterattack to the airfield or the reduced 1st Btn at SAMAWAH. Enemy´s intention is likely winning back the airbase and Highway 10, respectively occupying the area N - NW of EUPHRATES River. Increased hostile recon activity around SAWA LAKE could lead to the presumption that the last option is more probable.
    b)Own:
    The attack to the airbase by 2d Btn was very successfull and the airborne operation was executed by DAGGER. After resupplying 2d Btn will change over to time limited defense and will prepare for further assault in western direction. 1st Btn is actually holding positions at SAMAWAH and south of EUPHRATES river and already had contact to hostile recon units at SAWA LAKE, E Coy "DAGGER" is
    located north of 2d Btn in defensive positions. 3d Btn is south of 2d Btn as regimental reserve and will take 2d Btn´s positions after a possible attack in western direction.
    Own artillery and support units are actually 15 clicks away on the march in northern direction.[/INDENT]
    [INDENT]c)Order of Battle:

2d Btn/RCT1
    Btn Lead & HHS Coy:
    Btn Cdr (LAV25)
    2IC (HMMWV)
    FO/FAC (HMMWV)
    Maintanance plt (2x M88A1)
    Medic plt (2x LAV-A)
    Engineer plt (Biber)
    Supplies plt (4x HEMTT)[/INDENT]
    [INDENT]Btn Recon:
    1st Section ALPHA plt (att. from 1st Rec Btn) (2x LAV25 & 1x HMMWV)

Btn RESERVE:
    1 Section (2x M1A1)
    2nd Section ALPHA plt 1st Rec Btn (2x LAV25, 1x HMMWV)
    1 section BRAVO plt C-coy (2x MRAP)

A Coy (attached from 2d Tank Btn):
    Coy CO (M1A1)
    1 plt (M1A1)
    BRAVO plt (att. from 1st Rec Btn) (4x LAV25 & 2x HMMWV)

B Coy:
    unterstellt an/assigned to 1st Btn

C Coy:
    Coy CO (HMMWV)
    ALPHA plt (4x MRAP)
    1st Section BRAVO plt (2x MRAP)
    CHARLY plt (2x M966, 2x HMMWV)
    1 Section M1’s

D Coy:
    unterstellt an/assigned to 3d Btn[/INDENT]

2.Tasks:[INDENT]2d Btn:
    Prepare to change over to time limited hasty defense in the area of Airbase and QUALAT SUKAR
    Secure the airbase, Highway 10 in northern direction and QUALAT SUKAR including the EUPRATES bridges
    Be prepared to support E Coy north of your positions most quickly if nessesary
    Be prepared to execute assault ROADRUNNER or COYOTE on my orders [/INDENT]

3.Execution:[INDENT]My intention to start defence on FEBA with 2 coy’s in line formation, to establish a flexible defence between FEBA and ALAMO. Point of main effort A-coy.
    To establish a strongpoint around QUALAT SUKAR.[/INDENT]
    [INDENT]
    coy orders:
    [/INDENT]
    [INDENT]
    2IC: REVENGE

leader of support and supply elements and Btn Reserve
    Immediately lay bridge 13
    Send 1x ARV, 1X Medic and 1x HEMTT, supply to A-coy and C-coy
    All HEMTT, fueler to SA1
    After withdrawing to Line SIEGFRIED all supply vehicle to SA1

Btn RESERVE:
    Overwatch HW 10 to north
    Secure SA1 and Area of Tower with Infantry
    Assembly area for Btn Reserve bp 17 and 18
    Adapt to support DAGGER in the north on my order
    Adapt to reinforce A-coy and C-coy
    Adapt to counterattack over bp’s A-coy, C-coy

Btn FO: FALLOUT
    Support 2IC

Btn Recon: RAPTOR
    RAPTOR : 1st Section ALPHA plt 1st Rec Btn
    March to assembly area bp5, stay in a hidden position
    Adapt to recon along ROUTE 66 to ABU SAKHAIR
    Avoid duell situations, report enemy, pop smoke and fall back, but hold contact
    Weapon free to engage enemy light vehicles, Infantry
    Enemy IFV try to flank

A-coy: ANVIL
    Detachment:
    1 Section M1’s to C-coy
    1 Section M1’s to Btn Reserve
    Attachments:
    BRAVO plt (att. from 1st Rec Btn) (4x LAV25 & 2x HMMWV)
    Take bp 3 and 4
    Hold FEBA as long as possible, be flexible in this area
    Hold your tanks supplied over 50%
    Adapt to withdraw to SIEGFRIED or ALAMO
    Adapt to counterattack in front of C-coy
    On my order ROADRUNNER
    Fire at will

C-Coy: COWBOY
    Attachments: 1 Section M1’s from A-coy
    Detachments: 2nd Section BRAVO plt (2x MRAP)
    Go in OP 1 and 2 with 1 Infantry Squad (only Observing no fire fight)
    OP1 observe with point of main effort to west, south- west
    OP2 observe with point of main effort to north- west
    Establish strong point in QUALAT SUKAR, hold it.
    Hold your heavy units and TOW’s in bp 1 and 2 in a hidden position
    Adapt to support OP 1 and 2 with these units
    Hold FEBA as long as possible, be flexible in this area
    Hold your tanks and TOW’s supplied over 50%
    Adapt to withdraw to SIEGFRIED and ALAMO
    On my order COYOTE
    Fire at will

Support of DAGGER units:
    Btn Reserve (without Infantry in SA1) move to north and support DAGGER

A-coy:
    overwatch HW 10 to north

RAPTOR:
    adapt to overwatch HW 10 to north

ROADRUNNER:
    Btn Reserve:
    On my order move to bp 3 and 4 overwatch area to west, north-west (without Infantry in SA1)

RAPTOR:
    On my order support in bp 3 and 4 overwatch to west, north- west
    On my order overwatch HW 10 to north

A-coy:
    Fall back to bp5 go in attack formation
    On my order attack along ROUTE 66 to EL HAY OIL FACILITY
    Prepare a hasty defence and adapt to attack again direction ABU SAKHAIR

C-coy:
    With all possible units go in bp around OP1 and 2 on my order
    Support with flanking fire

COYOTE:
    Btn RESERVE:
    On my order move to bp 3 and 4 overwatch area to west, north-west (without Infantry in SA1)

RAPTOR:
    On my order support in bp 3 and 4 overwatch to west, north- west
    On my order overwatch HW 10 to north

A-coy:
    Attach immediately 1 tank plt to C-coy
    Hold bp 3 and 4 and adapt to support C-coy

C-coy:
    Collect vehicles in bp 2 (without units in QUALAT SUKAR)
    Go in attack formation
    On my order attack to west, north of TSCHAD AL FOKKER [/INDENT]

4.support, attachments, detachments[INDENT]a)artillery:
    no artillery support
    b)supply:
    Support/maintanance is done
    ARV, Medic and Ammo requests direct to 2IC
    c) attachments, detachments:
    look to coy orders[/INDENT]

5.Command & Signal[INDENT]password: GOOFY - CIGARETTE
    Callsigns:
    RCT-1 HQ: BURRITO