Operation Variable 4

• Servus,

die Ankündigung für OPV 4 ist raus.
    Das ganze wird von Tacbat koordiniert.

Tacbat.
    "OPERATION VARIABLE 4
    [HR][/HR]

Yes, time is drawing closer to the next OPERATION VARIABLE campaign! In order to start the New Year off right, what better time to run the next edition of the OPV series? Expect the campaign to kick-off in Jan 2014.

The date will be set once I can coordinate hosting services, but expect it to be on a weekend around 1900Z to maximize participation from SB players around the world. Those with the ability to host please contact me if you are available to help out.

Some of you are veterans of previous versions of OPV and for some this will be their first. I will be posting up the draft rules in the days to come to solicit feedback and to give everyone a glimpse into how this version of OPV will run. This edition should be much easier administratively than previous ones. For now, I will hit on some highlights until the draft rules are published for comments.

1. This will be a multi-sided campaign with a total of 4 different teams. The goal of the campaign is to take total control of an island by destroying the opposing teams. Players are free to create their own teams, but they must have a minimum of four players to form a team. There is no maximum to the number of players a side can have. This is very important, so start thinking about putting a team together now while there is still time before the campaign starts!

2. Each team will have distinct equipment based on a specific country. Choices are US, Spanish, Swedish and Danish equipment. The possibility of using Canadian, British, Austrian or Russian equipment also exists.

3. There will be a maximum of 5 missions played, each lasting approximately 60 min. Of course if one side gains control of the island before the 5th mission, then the campaign will end early. Expect to play 2 missions a month on alternating weekends.

4. Diplomacy. Teams can form alliances amongst themselves to fight the other teams, but a team can only have an alliance with one other team. If there are only two teams left, then they cannot be allies with each other.

5. Time of day. This will be broken down into 4 times of the day starting with a dawn scenario. A mid-day scenario will follow, then a dusk and then night scenario.

6. Point System. Points will be awarded for territory controlled or captured, plus enemy vehicles destroyed. These points will then be used by each team to purchase reinforcements for the following mission.

That’s all for now. The important thing is to start thinking about putting a team together. I will announce a time and date for when I will start taking team submissions. It will be a case of “first come, first served” when it comes to choosing what equipment a team will use.

If you have a question about the campaign, I would suggest waiting until I can post the rules in the hopes that it may be answered within them. Thanks!"

• Aha, USA, Spanien , Finnland und Dänemark.

Deutschland nicht.

Also fühle ich mich auch nicht sonderlich motiviert !

Behüter und Bewahrer des Andenken an den
    Leopard 1 bei der deutschen Panzertruppe

Ssnake wrote:

Zitat

You and Eisen, Sirs, are self-centered, passive-aggressive whiny, rivet obsessed, ungrateful trolls, and I'm having enough of this