H2H SBG vs PzB911 Wed 1st April 2009

• Hey Billy,

we do have some arguments ongoin here about the wendsday fights. Background is, that more and more member do not have the fun to show up on wendsday anymore, because the outcome is "almost" the same. This outcome depends mainly on our the different ways to perform this simulation.

We do ty to do real panzertaktics and you play this SIM more the way you would play BF2, too. Thats for short and only one reason.

Well, until this discussion is not over and we have found a dessision I guess the wendsdayfights are on hold. I think we are NOT going to stop them complete but we might reduce them to one or twice a month.

Regards

Max "Thiefcatcher"

• May I ask how we are playing unrealistically?
    It appears to me that we should talk about this matter.

How do you define real Panzer tactics?

I can see where your coming from,
    Xbox live, need i say more.

But with a couple of exceptions we do actually try and work together and use our interpretation of real tactics, we try and preserve our forces as much as possible.

But any input from you would be most welcome.

Hedgehog

• Hi Hedgehog,

I do not discuss this here anyfurther until we have found a decission what we are going to do. I have informed you guys because it seemd right to do so.

But please understand, that if old and new members of the german community start to leave the wendsday evening cause they a re dissapointet about that what is beeing simulated (played) we do go and put this thing to be proved. And that ist it what is happening right now. Anything else later exept I like to answer still two of your points.

First the point with the XBox. I do hate console games and I am surly have none ;) :D

Second, how do we define panzer tactics. Well we do define it as close as possible to the Order HDv 222/100 "Die Panzerkompanie, Der Panzerzug" und HDv 224-120 "Der Kampfpanzer" of the german Army. It´s something similar to the FM 71-1, TANK AND MECHANIZED INFANTRYCOMPANY TEAM (just for better understanding because it is in english)

Greetz

• The wednesday battle is about two communities getting together to enjoy steel beast. Its an chance to put both teams to the test in terms of leadership and skill.

Ending the wenesday battle will be a real shame. Many of us, especially me look forward to it every week.

Tommorow is Pzbtl911 turn to choose a scenario. Choose a good scenario, somthing we played in the past perhaps. Balanced or not, it should be winable for both sides.

I know you guys lose nearly every game but questions need to arise. Why?

In the early days people were blaming us for cheating, then the scenario's were blamed. and now its the way we play. I personally dont believe that there is anything wrong with how we play. We have good gunners and our members know how to react and adapt to changes in the battlefield quickly. BF2 tactics, I dont think so. I never played it.

You guys host long night of tanks. The very people that you call gamey are the ones that join in the end. Its a community event for everyone. People come and have fun, get drunk and enjoy steel beast.

Wednesday battle is just that but its a weekly thing.

An well organised and co-ordinated force should easily beat and unco-ordinated force and gamey force.

What are we doing that you gentlemen are not doing?

Perhaps it time to review your tactics. Use the wednesday battle to start working as a team, adapt to the ever changing flow of the battle and drop some of those military doctrines that may hamper you down in a fight.

Objective is to survive and destroy the enemy. Use whatever means to win.

You guys train nearly every night and put alot of effort into planning and teamwork and to play against us and lose on a weekly basis is not good at all. Something is wrong and its not us. Perhaps our team have better members than yours and thats is the main reason. Hard to admit but it could very well be true.
    Everytime we play, all of us gain experience. And we all get better, and Ive noticed that we starting to get a number of ACE players that 1 year ago was noobs.

Recently Ive noticed alot of new pzbtl 911 members not the usual ones that played ages ago. All those members need experience and it takes time to get them trained. Steel beast isnt all about gunning. There are tactical moves that need to be known and implemented so not anything goes will result in victory.

Anyway its late, cant finish this post. so Im gonna end it here.

Regards

=Gen= Billy

• Thanks for the link Thiefcatcher, I'll have a good read.

Billy has a point, its all about being fun.

I think that the relations between our units have become a bit slow recently might have something to do with this.
    I think we should think about the possibility of playing Coops as well as head 2 head, If you could propose this to 911 Thief, I hope this will make the debate more interesting.

Another idea might be to have 911 and Generals members in the same platoon in a coop, I remember Lnot 10, it was pretty awesome having Panzermann2A5 and co with me.

Like I said if you guys need any help at all (training, Sce making, etc) don't hesitate to ask.

Hedgehog

• Please Gents have a short, but intensive look at this (to start low).

http://www.globalsecurity.org/…/army/fm/17-15/index.html

Answer this questions:

- Attack with trucks in front ??
    - Attack with single Tanks or single Infantry groups ??
    - No borders ??

Than read this, please:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/…y/army/fm/71-1/index.html

All this is not far away from what I learn in the Army years ago.

But it´s far away from what we see every Wednesday!

If you translate what is written at the top of our Homepage you´ll understand what we want to do with SB and that is not what we did in the past.

Behüter und Bewahrer des Andenken an den
    Leopard 1 bei der deutschen Panzertruppe

Ssnake wrote:

Zitat

You and Eisen, Sirs, are self-centered, passive-aggressive whiny, rivet obsessed, ungrateful trolls, and I'm having enough of this

• Greetings...

I have long no been present for a longer time at the "midweek battles".
    Whilst I'm determined not to let it die, my job leaves me no space to lead by example.

So discussion is raging here :mad:
    Consesus by now seems to be to start the games at lower "frequenency".
    F.e. every 2 weeks. Which I would like...as it would be easier for me to adjust my shiftplan and request game time from the boss at home.

As I have not been there for most of the battles, I can and will no comment on the other given issues.
    (uhm, ok, I just have to give one comment: last time I was there we where just regularly beaten...end comment)

OK, now
    What do you think about that proposal? Its a shame to scale down...but i don't think the weekly games are to contoversial right now here.

I hope I could convince both sides to maybe join for a coop that could be provided for the weeks in between?

MKG
    Ronin