H2H PBtl911 vs SGB 15.04.2009

• Hi,

911 has decided how to go further in the future with the wendsday battles. For the next time it will be in a two week scedule. Even wendsday went fine for us (and we had to struggle with the lead, cause Feldpost got out of commision, there i took over but got dropped minutes later and Panzermann had to take over from there) thats what our internal discussion brought up and what has been decided. Actualy the members had votet for a monthly scedule but Ronin, as commander, and a few others stept up for something less. So, well. Now lets look for the future.

Feldpost brought up the idea and it has been said by your side, too, to make more Coops (which can be make in true units or mixed) and drive one szenario several times under different leads. The same with H2H, lets drive H2H then for several times, in true units and in mixed units. To make this more flexible and in this same way of thinkung I cerated a H2H, which is more realistic in our point of view and which is through some points to change every time we plan it.

First of it, Mechanised Forces drive and fight along roads. Thats the reality. They CAN drive cross over but the chance to get damaged by heavy terain ist quite high. To simulate this I made all wooden areas to plenaltyzones with a 50% chance to loos a track (in tests I made it up to 1,5 minutes before loosing a track. So you might try ;) ) So the open ares are all right, I will make this in later Sze´s that areas like fields, mud etc or spezial weather conditions are simulatet by local penalty zones.

Second I gave not only the defender FASCAMs and preplaned Art-Fields, the attacker has them too. That will make the defender think and might give him some headache....

Third, these Art and Minefields are to deploy by me (or every other trustet person) for every new battle. So whoever plans whatever side, he can change the Art and Mines locations everytime, gives his plan to this one person, who is changing the script for both sides. (only thing is, this person should not lead or even better not play ;) either side) Only one Minefield can be activated. Both Art-Fields can be used. They can be placed all over the map exept south of a marekd line (for RED) or north of a marked line (BLUE)

Forth, modern Battels are not only about killing. Battles are about reaching objectivs and keeping them under your control. The attacker and defender role is switching quite often. So here RED ist up to conquer to towns and the bridges in them and has to keep them to the end. But if RED gets to much punished the Battle will be over. Same for BLUE side. Blue has to gain the bridges but has to keep them, too. But before BLUE ist to outfight the bridges, if they loose to much forces they will quite fast loose. So it might be a good Idea to retreat and take a chance on a second try

So here is the red situation:

1) Situation RED (SBG, for this time):

a) Enemy:
    Enemy in strengh of a batailon has been seen in the Area of HUENFELD. It is estimated, that the enemy in strengh of a Tank Coy (+/-) is going to setup a hasty defend at the line BUCHENAU - AZELL - EITERFELD.

b) Own:
    Troughout our glorius Attack in the past days we have managed to push the enemy back and reach SCHENKLENGSFELD. SBG is goint to push further towards HUENFELD in direction of FULDA

2) Mission:
    Our Mission is to attack from our position now at SCHENKLENGSFELD towards BRAUNAU -AZELL and gain access over the bridges in those two towns. If possible we are going to attack further towards STEINFELD and the bridges north-east of it.

3) Commanders Intend:
    Here comes your Order ;)

Attention: Here some more Scenariondesign information: BLUE has a lager Deploymentares to give them the chance to hasty defend. They STILL have to go some way!! The Map will be not funktional in the first two minutes. #
    You have a group of ASLAV25 and more Artillery then BLUE, therfor BLUE has two Platoons of INF with mine capability each (smalest size of the minefield) The URAL on BLUE side are to simulate, that BLUE has to move his INF to the planned area. (they will deploy on the planned place if the URALs are reaching their destination. The mines are also only avaliable, if the INF has reached their destination and will be deployed after a certain time)

ADVICE!! Tanks are not good in woods exept the roads and ways in there and some space left and right of it!!

4) Support, Comissions:
    a) Artillery:
    6 Platoons 4 Tubes each (24) HE, Bomblett (ONLY by FIST)
    b) Support:
    All Vehicles are at 100%, you can call by trigger
    1 M88 (costs you 5 Point to call)
    c) Commisions:
    you have a coy mixed tanks (two platoons) and CV´s (one platoon)
    ans soms support.
    2 Groups Leo2A5, each group costs you 35 Points by Trigger
    2 Groups CV90/40 B, each group costs you 25 Points by Trigger

5) Lead and Communication:

Both sides are going to give me there plan, I script the Mines and preplaned Art in it and your plan then at the event can go for it :D

I hope, my thoughts are actualiy usable and make it more real. All I ask you is to give it a try.

download the file, rename it to zip and unpack it to your scenario folder

Thanks and Greetz

• The wenesday battles should be simple and straightforward, if we want to do somthing else other than that, perhaps we should look at another day in the week and we need someone that is willing to spend time on what you mentioned above. I personally dont have time to look at, create, or really discuss scenarios in advance.

Wednesday battles should remain how it is. A weekly battle, Head too head. Different Units, force and objectives should continue how it is. Both sides should rotate on choosing a scenario each week and it should be winable for both sides simple.

I ask you guys to choose a scenario for us for tommorow, as we have nothing .
    If you guys dont want to play with us, thats fine.
    But I will still ask on the night because we all like to keep the wednesday battle going.

• Er, Billy, from what I'm gathering.
    Thief is offering to set up the game and therefore exclude him from the game he set up.
    We should probably rotate this duty between units.

This right Thief?

• Do you guys realy think there is a fight tonight??????

@Hedgehog: partly right. I would not lead the 911 side in such a case nor I would let my "knowledge" change my behavior nor be a traitor on my own idea. What might be possible is, that the sce scipter plays on the other side. Ie. I script, I play on your side, billy scripts ...he plays on our side (if there are any more fights regarding the wendaybattles)
    Actually in my sce onlything to do is place the mines and Arty fields and draw the plan lines already.... not realy hard work. ;) All it needs is to think about it earlier and have a plan ready.

Greetzs